When it comes to choosing the best paint for interior trim to paint your home, there are a lot of options available. INSL-X’s paints were recommended to me by a friend and I am glad that I listened to them! Of course this is only one of the best paint for trim.
INSL-X Cabinet Coat – Best Paint For Interior Trim
- Factory-quality finish – No blobs, streaks or uneven coverage with a subtle shine in the light.
- Good adhesion without primer – No need for lots of preparation beforehand.
- Low VOC level – At under 50 grams per liter of volatile organic compounds, this means that the INSL-X Cabinet Coat Enamel is among the safest paints that you can use in your home.
What I Though About The Best Paint For Interior Trim
I just purchased a second-hand cabinet and wanted to change the color. Quite a dark oak isn’t bad overall but it just didn’t fit the aesthetic of the room that it was in. Therefore I began to look for a white paint to transform it. The INSL-X Cabinet Coat Enamel was what I went for after looking up so many positive reviews online. I prepared the product for painting by sanding it down to remove any minor imperfections, bumps and knots in the wood. While this isn’t always necessary to get a smooth finish, it makes the whole process easier overall.
I used a foam roller for the first coat and then an angled paint brush to finish the job off. The paint worked equally well with both of them. After drying both times, I genuinely couldn’t see where the roller had been or where the brush strokes had started or stopped. The few splatters that I did get on the carpet were easily dealt with thanks to the water-based nature of the paint. I now have a white cabinet that looks like it has been delivered straight from the store rather than a second-hand cabinet that has been renovated by us by hand. It genuinely brightens up the room.
- Durable finish. This is particularly useful if you are painting tables and cabinets that get a lot of use.
- Crisp, flawless color.
- Easy to clean up. Splattered a little accidentally? No problem. The water-based nature of the paint makes it a doddle to correct any splatters or spills.
- No odor. This was a definite game-changer as previous painting jobs would leave a room unusable for at least two days before the smell had completely gone, even with ventilation.
- Interior use only. It is not suitable for outdoor use such as on fences and wooden benches.
- Check the tint. Some paints have more of a yellow tint to them and some tints have more of a blue. If you have used different types of white paint in the same room, try and do a sample beforehand to see if the tints complement one another.
- It may take multiple coats to get the perfect look that you want. This somewhat depends on the wood underneath as it can sometimes apply a little thin.
This is by far my favorite paint for interior trim and cabinets. The coats are smooth and flawless and the semi-gloss finish is beautiful for any interior needs. You can learn more about INSL-X paint here.